Friday, April 07, 2006

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that get binary and those that don't.

This is an extract from my blog - dated Nov 04...and I still think it is worthy of consideration, the quote that is, not neccessarily my blog.....

"Normally I hate, maybe thats a bit strong, get a bit irked, by constant debate about "Church" but hey ho, here's my contribution and they're not even my words I've just pinched this of a site Naomi Hill blogs on and I love it and think it is worthy of consideration.

'Jesus didn't set out to found the institution of the church, but nor did it happen by accident - church is the event which happens when we encounter Jesus. If we don't encounter Jesus then it's not church' (from the Archbishop's address)"

1 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Jase said...

I would agree with the comment, but would like "WE" in bold. Also i would like to be clear of the defintion we give an "encounter with Jesus". Often we think of an encounter as a feeling or an emotion. The dictionary definition of encounter is "to come upon". And in the sense i would agree. Just because we didn't feel like we encountered Jesus, that doesn't mean we didn't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home